Windance Country Club - Gulfport, Mississippi
Located in a "covenant-controlled community" with a private lake, Windance Country Club in Gulfport, Miss., nevertheless features a good stretch of home-free fairways, and enough length and bite to keep things interesting.
Most of the golf course's bite comes from the tight, tree-lined fairways, and water hazards that are likely to come into play if you and your driver aren't on speaking terms. But the greens are average-sized and, since there's little undulation, you shouldn't see many three-putts.
Opened in 1986, the 6,600-yard Mark McCumber design has hosted Ben Hogan and Nike tour events.
- Windance Country Club review
- Windance Country Club by the numbers
- Sunkist C.C. owners get lemons, make lemonade
- Casinos, golf drive Biloxi's comeback
- Podcast: Biloxi golf rebounds from Katrina